For Halton Grade 12 Students
See Information and Required Forms Below
Scholarship Award Information
Scholarship Application Form PDF
Scholarship Application Form Word
Scholarship Recommendation Form PDF
Scholarship Recommendation Form Word
HRCCA Scholarship 2022 Announcement
Dr. Paul Wu, chair of HRCCA scholarship committee is pleased to announce our winner for the 2022 HRCCA Scholarship:-
Crystal Ren Jing Jing.
Crystal will attend the University of Western Ontario and we wish her a life time of success!
Crystal Ren Jing Jing
Crystal Ren was raised in Oakville, Ontario, she attended White Oaks Secondary School. She chose to embrace her “both Canadian and Chinese identities” Crystal is fluent in Mandarin and is proud to be a Chinese-Canadian. She started Chinese zither lessons and spent thousands of hours perfecting her skills so she could perform better and introduce her culture to more people. With her love for learning languages, she started a non-profit organization, the Yujin Language Association, so she could connect English speakers to Chinese students and broaden both parties’ understanding of different cultures. In her near future she will continue promote Chinese culture and educate more people the importance of embracing one’s identity. She will expand her non-profit organization to help more Chinese students overseas learn English for free. Crystal will attend the University of Western Ontario, major in the program of Management & Organizational Studies.
About the HRCCA Scholarship
The Scholarship program was established to recognize students who have demonstrated leadership and/or involvement in the promotion and integration of Chinese culture in the community, have achieved good standings in Halton secondary schools and to assist candidates who are in financial need.
Donations toward the HRCCA Scholarship can be made through Canada Helps via the Oakville Community Foundation. Click on the Canada Helps logo below and select HRCCA Scholarship Endowment Fund under the “Apply your donation to a specific fund” tab, thank you.
Previous Award Recipients
- 2021 Award – Matyhew Huang from White Oaks Secondary School
- 2020 Award – Katana Dillabough from Abbey Park High School
- 2019 Award —Lindsey Zhang from Oakville Trafalgar High School
- 2018 Award— Yihang Qin from Abbey Park High School ; Sarah Rana (White Oaks Secondary School) received a special award.
2017 Award — Jenny Hu from White Oaks Secondary School and Anna He from Robert Bateman High School
- 2016 Award* – Alvin Leung from Iroquois Ridge High School
- 2015 Award — Leah Wei from Nelson High School and Catherine Zeng from Robert Bateman High School [Press Release]
- 2014 Award — Linda Fei of Abbey Park High School [Press Release]
- 2014 Award in Memory of Chiu Tam Mo-Wan — Kelly Kong of White Oaks Secondary School [Press Release]
- 2013 Award in Memory of Lily Chan — Emily Zixin Wang, Aldershot High School [Press Release]
- 2012 — Ida Yun Zhen Ji, Aldershot High School [Press Release]
- 2011 Award in Memory of Lily Chan — Jing Guo, Aldershot High School [Press Release]
- 2010 — Andrew Wong [Press Release]
- 2009 — Jessica Wang, Nelson High School
- 2008 Award In Memory of Chan Po Sheung — Bonita Tsai, Burlington Central High School
- 2007 Award In Memory of Chan Po Sheung — Sarah Xu, Robert Bateman High School
* Alvin decided to pursue university in Hong Kong, which had disqualified him from receiving the scholarship; but HRCCA had nevertheless issued a special award for him as a reward for his achievements. From 2017 onward, HRCCA did expand eligibility for winner as long as he/she attends an accredited post-secondary educational institution.