I pay by post-dated cheques and need a rent receipt for my income taxes. How do I get one?


Many tenants pay by post-dated cheque, and a cancelled cheque is considered your receipt.  If you do not get your cheques back from the bank each month, you may request an annual rent receipt for income tax purposes by telephoning the Stoney Creek Community Homes office and requesting one from the receptionist.  These receipts are prepared in February each year (and will not be completed before the end of the current calendar year).   You may also obtain an annual receipt for cash and money order payments.

Recent Posts