I have to leave town for a couple of months. What happens to my unit?


If you are required to leave your unit for a period of time (i.e. a month or more), please notify your Property Manager.  There is no rent adjustment for the period you are not living in your unit, and your rent will still need to be paid each month.  You can either leave a series of post-dated cheques to be cashed on the first of every month, or you can have a friend or relative pay your rent on your behalf.  The utilities must remain on in your unit, especially in the winter months (to prevent freezing pipes).  It is your responsibility to arrange for someone to check on your unit periodically (i.e. water plants and get your mail).

Recent Posts